PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Reporting to the Managing Director - Americas, the Customer Support Manager carries the overall responsibility for all the Customer Support activities supporting the installed-machine base.
In direct collaboration with his counterparts in Europe and Asia, this position is responsible for the complete suite of services provided to our existing worldwide customer base after their machines pass their SAT test and are placed in operation.
- Responsible for delivering the budgeted revenue and gross margin allocated to the Customer Support (Aftermarket) business.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Customer Support department (Service, Retrofits, Spare Parts etc.)
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans for the development of the Customer Service organization in alignment with the group’s long term strategic plan
- All Strategic Action Plans (SAP’s) related to the Aftermarket Business unit are properly executed (on-time, on-budget, KPI’s achieved).
- Identifies, develops and implements new business opportunities in line with the company’s long term strategies.
- Ensures that proper procedures are established in order to guarantee that all Customer Service related business is done in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensures 100% compliance with the company’s “Delegation of Authority” document.
- Represent the company as appropriate in its relationships with major aftermarket customers, suppliers and competitors.
- Analyze the operating results of the Customer Service businesses comparing them to agreed goals and objectives for the year. Ensures that appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory performance.
- In coordination with the HR Manager, develops and manages a Talent Management program aligned with the company’s overall Talent Development and Talent Retention initiatives.
- Develops implements and manage employee performance management plans for the Customer Service department.
- Establish a culture of excellence in customer service within the Aftermarket group; establish appropriate measures of customer satisfaction.
- Represent the company as appropriate in its relationships with major aftermarket customers, suppliers and competitors. Present strong skills in negotiations and closure of business deals to achieve business goals.
- Identifies and keeps track of value added, non-project related tasks to be executed during periods of low activity in order to minimize non-productive time.
- Identifies and implements opportunities for value engineering and standardization of the product lines.
- Proactively identifies and implements corrective actions to address engineering quality and cost issues.
- Supports the Product Development team to bring new designs and concepts to market within cost targets.
- Customer Service sales revenue and Gross margin according to approved budget
- All expenses for his/her department must not exceed the allocated budget:
- Travel expenses
- Customer’s entertainment
- Other expenses
- Direct labour utilization and indirect labour costs (Indirect hours) in line with company’s budget assumptions.
INTERACTION WITH CUSTOMERS:
- Represents the company in high level meetings with customers in order to solve project related issues.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop and maintain key relationships.
- Represents the company in organized events and industry related organizations when requested.
- This position requires the employee to attend work properly groomed and dressed according to the position (casual dressing with some formal dressing required occasionally)
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
- 100% adherence to cellphone policy is required
- One laptop computer, keyboard, monitor, mouse
- Concur, Dayforce, Made2Manage, SmarTeam, Share file
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- This position is a position of trust and high responsibility. Long working hours may be necessary on occasion in order to comply with deadlines (internal and external).
- Travel during non-working hours may be required.
- Availability through the company provided cellphone is required during non-working hours mostly in times where a project going through a critical stage requires quick decisions and top level support.
DESIRED BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES:
- Impact and influence — works effectively with and through others including where no formal authority exists.
- Achievement Motivation — results oriented, tracker and doer. Sets high standards and objectives
- Listening, understanding, responding — an effective and articulate communicator
- Negotiating – presents positions in a reasoned manner, seeks win-win outcomes but understands when to say no.
- Team Leadership — effective at building support, thinks team first, promotes success in terms of team as well as individual success, and is adept at creating a shared vision.
- Decision-making — makes good decisions based on sound understanding and evaluation of relevant information; gathers information and involves others as appropriate.
- Hands-on approach, ready to “roll-up his/her sleeves” and stay close to the action.
- Entrepreneurial, positive, enthusiastic, energetic, with a good sense of humor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Formal training in business management or equivalent direct experience managing sales teams over 5 people.
- Leadership training. Formal training in Sales management or equivalent work experience.
- University degree - preferable in Engineering. Technical experience in a field related to mechanical and/or electrical machinery, Production Automation and/or Robotic solutions.
- Consultative; value-proposition/business case driven sales methodology experience.
- Outstanding creative writing and presentation development and delivery skills
- Above average command of office tools such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Document writing at a senior management level
- Comfortable speaking and making business presentations to mid-size audiences