This position is responsible for handling various customers’ requests and inquiries and assists existing
and new customers to meet their requests.Job Duties
1) Customer Service
- Handles various phone calls and e-mails from customers and subcontractors.
- Handles and resolves various complaints and claims from customers talking to the Supervisor /
- Manager depending on the difficulty.
- Coordinates inquiries and orders from customers with warehousing operation employees.
- Provides quotations to the customer and rates to other branches.
- Tracks shipments and informs customers of shipment status.
- Handles daily shipment arrangements such as scheduling a pick-up and deliveries, preparing documents related to warehousing operation, sending pre-alert document, tracing the shipment status, providing inquiring information with entry document.
- Updates shipment status, provides quote, and prepares any necessary information and documents of import shipment.
- Issues invoices to customers according to mutually agreed quotations.
- Maintains customers’ steady billing cycle; monitors invoices status, reminds payment for outstanding invoices with supporting documents when needed.
- Maintains selling rates and monitors/negotiates the costs/selling rates to achieve maximum profit with customer satisfaction.
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to the Supervisor for solution.
- Maintains good communication with supervisors, coworkers and outside contacts.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area and organizing data and documents.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Attendance & Punctuality, Communication, Customer Service, Flexibility/Adaptability, Initiative/Follow through, Problem Solving, Time Management.Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or more than one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of higher education and experience.
- General office equipment including phones, fax, copier, personal computer, printer, scanner, etc.
- Software includes the use of Windows operating system, MS Office.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment.
- The following travel and driving requirements are required of the incumbent into this position.
- Local Travel: Rarely
- Domestic Overnight Travel:Rarely
- International Travel: No.
- Vehicle driving requirements: Automobile (Valid driver’s License is required. Appropriate personal vehicle liability insurance is required for personal car usage.)
- Driving Safety Requirements:Observe speed limits and obey all road signs.Keep driving records (i.e., mileage and gas receipts) when necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to frequently sit, walk and stand and fingers and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Specific vision abilities include the ability to read and analyze data in hard copy and on a computer screen, measure or identify using eyesight and adjust vision focus.