This Job Description is created by Triup
The representative answers customer’s calls or correspondence regarding the insurance company’s products.
The questions may involve new policies and cost or existing customer policies.
The role of the customer service representative is to see that the customer’s problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- Review the customer’s policy to answer questions regarding coverage and claims.
- Provide information regarding policies that may help sell a policy to a customer.
- Direct phone calls to a sales agent to complete the transaction.
- Handle policy changes and renewals, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Must have strong verbal communication skills to provide information to customers
- Written communication skills are necessary to document service calls
- Strong typing and basic computer skills. Insurance customer service representatives must have the ability to handle difficult customer phone calls. Customers may call with complaints about insurance coverage and policy.