This position will relate and converse technically with customers and the candidate will have qualifications in either PT6 or RR250 engine maintenance repair and overhaul business. They will ensure effective communications and Customer satisfaction and; maintain profitable and productive growth in accordance with Euravia's Business Plan. The Manager Engine Shop is required to be a "Working Manager'' who will not only lead their employees in their daily business, but will assist in the day to day department work as well. Please note this is a morning shift from 6am to 2:30pm.
Magellan Aerospace, Euravia North America offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Prior experience as a turbine engine mechanic with an emphasis on the overhaul, repair and troubleshooting of PT6 and/or RR M250 Series engines.
• General understanding and willingness to learn applicable company processes and procedures pertaining to a Part 145 repair station.
• Demonstrate proper use and knowledge of tools and measuring equipment.
• Knowledge of related aviation engines components.
• Must be able to read, write, speak, understand and communicate in English.
• A and/or P certification preferred.
• Experience as a test cell operator desirable.
• Over 5 years of MRO experience working at a Part 145 repair station.
• Experience in Field Service work on related engines or aircraft would be advantageous.
• Address Customer requirements and expectations in a prompt manner, ensuring that appropriate action is introduced to meet those requirements;
• Ensure that all Customer requirements are communicated accurately and clearly to Production and that all feedback to Customers is performed in a clear, accurate and professional manner.
• Recommend best practices for the continuous improvement of Customer services;
• Comply with Company regulations, statutory requirements and procedures and make recommendations for amendments or introduction of new procedures;
• Adhere to Euravia Procedures and Work Instructions to achieve excellence in Customer Support practices and compliance with ISO, CAA, MOD, NATO and FAA requirements,
• Self-development will be the responsibility of the post holder. Training and development will be identified and opportunities sought to increase personal effectiveness.
• Generating proposals and pro-forma invoices and following up on quotations
• Minimum 5 years' related experience preferably in aerospace
• Must be able to use height gages, micrometers, callipers etc., to measure check and correlate information with blueprints, specifications and repair routings to perform welding operations consistent with approved specifications.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!