The Ship Nurse provides medical nursing services as needed to all Guests and Crew members on board a world class, award winning cruise line.
The Nurse shall assist the Staff Captain, Senior Doctor, Doctor and Chief Nurse in all shipboard health-related matters including outbreak prevention, and illness reporting as required by international, national and Company policies.
In addition to assisting the Doctor(s) with patient care, the Nurses have a variety of administrative responsibilities in relation to care of guests and crew and management of the Medical Facility and pharmacy.
- Current and in good standing Register Nurse licensing.
- Minimum of three (3) years post-graduate clinical training is required in the fields of Emergency Room, Intensive Care Unit, Cardiac Critical Care Unit, Surgery, Anesthesia or Trauma Unit.
- Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level of English is required.
- Minimum of one year practical work experience in Advanced Cardiac Life Support is required.
- Minimum of one year experience working in the Emergency Department, Intensive Care or Coronary Care Unit is required.
- Minimum of one year experience performing Basic Life support until the physician arrives is required.
- Must provide a chronology of all medical activities since graduation from nursing school.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or foreign equivalent is required.
- Valid nursing license from country or State/Province of origin is required.