Chris Support Specialist
- Night Shift – 3 evenings a week!
- Excellent Benefits
- Full time, direct hire position
Provides crisis intervention expertise and counseling directly to patients during evening and weekend/holiday hours by performing the following duties personally.
- Maintain exclusive focus upon patients, the quality of their condition and care, and their individual needs without significant distraction by administrative and non-patient contact activities.
- Ensure that patients receiving care are well cared for according to state and federal regulations as well as contemporary behavioral health practices.
- Provide crisis intervention services directly to patients and residents while ensuring that repetitive crises on individual bases are prevented.
- Utilize professional expertise to prevent negative outcomes such as violence, anti-social behavior, suicide and self-victimizing trauma, and develops patient/family/ community safety plans.
- Determine if acute psychiatric care is necessary and gains facility admission on a rapid basis when patient conditions and risks warrant it.
- Take all actions necessary to ensure that all behavioral and medical care is fully coordinated in a best practice manner while creating and ensuring healthy behavioral and medical outcomes.
- Document all pertinent and required patient information and data completely, accurately, and rapidly on a verbal, written and/or electronic basis frequently within multiple record-keeping and reporting systems.
- Consult with other members of the medical, behavioral health and EMS teams to ensure that patient needs are met and for the purpose of arranging other appropriate interventions.
- Ensure that all appropriate entities such as schools, facilities, businesses, law enforcement agencies, and other governmental authorities are notified in specific patient cases when warranted for safety and/or patient care reasons.
- Communicate thoroughly and clearly with all members of patient care and treatment teams.
- Help patient and family through individual or group discussions to ensure that patients/residents understand, accept, and follow behavioral and medical recommendations.
- Facilitate discharge planning while notifying all appropriate authorities and agencies of risk situations, such as Adult Protective Services, Child Protective Services, law enforcement, etc.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
For more information or to apply, please contact Ren'e at email@example.com or call 602-788-5890.
- Masters’ Degree in Counseling or Social Work required.
- Current independent licensure from Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners as either LPC, LMSW, or LISAC.
- 3 years experience within a residential mental health treatment facility successfully counseling individuals in crisis situations.
- Experience within a multi-cultural health care environment strongly preferred.
- Valid Arizona drivers’ license with no major violations during the prior five years.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to diverse cultures.
- AZ Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Card within 60 days in position.
To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!