Crisis Response Specialist
Provides crisis intervention expertise and counseling directly to patients during evening and weekend/holiday hours by performing the following duties personally. Responsible for ensuring that all critical tasks are fulfilled on a timely basis.
- Maintains exclusive focus upon patients, the quality of their condition and care, and their individual needs without significant distraction by administrative and non-patient contact activities.
- Complies fully with all patient medical records and information privacy regulations, state and federal.
- Takes all steps necessary to fully ensure employee patient and medical data confidentiality and security.
- Ensures that patients receiving care are well cared for according to state and federal regulations as well as contemporary behavioral health practices.
- Provides crisis intervention services directly to patients and residents while ensuring that repetitive crises on individual bases are prevented.
- Utilizes professional expertise to prevent negative outcomes such as violence, anti-social behavior, suicide and self-victimizing trauma, and develops patient/family/ community safety plans.
- Evaluates and accurately documents patient condition, and continually adjusts response methodologies accordingly.
- Maintains exceptional working relationships with various internal behavioral health experts and external behavioral health resources.
- Determines if acute psychiatric care is necessary and gains facility admission on a rapid basis when patient conditions and risks warrant it.
- Takes all actions necessary to ensure that all behavioral and medical care is fully coordinated in a best practice manner while creating and ensuring healthy behavioral and medical outcomes.
- Documents all pertinent and required patient information and data completely, accurately, and rapidly on a verbal, written and/or electronic basis frequently within multiple record-keeping and reporting systems.
- Consults with other members of the medical, behavioral health and EMS teams to ensure that patient needs are met and for the purpose of arranging other appropriate interventions.
- Ensures that all appropriate entities such as schools, facilities, businesses, law enforcement agencies, and other governmental authorities are notified in specific patient cases when warranted for safety and/or patient care reasons.
- Communicates thoroughly and clearly with all members of patient care and treatment teams.
- Assesses patients and residents for referral to external treatment resources and makes appropriate referrals.
- Helps patient and family through individual or group discussions to ensure that patients/residents understand, accept, and follow behavioral and medical recommendations.
- Facilitates discharge planning while notifying all appropriate authorities and agencies of risk situations, such as Adult Protective Services, Child Protective Services, law enforcement, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to regularly change priorities to accomplish all tasks despite frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly communicate, both orally and in writing, while performing all essential functions.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Masters’ Degree in Counseling or Social Work required.
- Current independent licensure from Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners as either LPC, LCSW, LMSW.LISAC or LAMFT
- Two to five years of recent experience within a residential mental health and/or substance abuse treatment facility with at least two recent years of experience successfully counseling individuals in crisis situations.
- Experience within a multi-cultural health care environment strongly preferred, with Native American direct patient serving experience required.
- Arizona drivers’ license with no major violations during the prior five years.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to diverse cultures.
For more information, contact Ren'e Pelayo at 602 788-5890 x 116 and send your resume to Rene@apnusa.com.
To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!