Title: Credit and Collections Specialist
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-1343232943
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Credit and Collections Specialist to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in Brea, CA.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Responsible for the collection efforts of designated customer accounts receivable balances. Work closely with Finance/Accounting to coordinate customer follow-up in conjunction with Sales/Program Management. This job does not require performing credit analysis on potential customers.
- Collections activity for overdue customer balances by placing direct phone calls and E-mails to customers that are past due.
- Work closely with the Billing Department to implement processes and policies that contribute to accurate invoicing.
- Relay to Controller any and all accounts that need to be written off to bad debt.
- Prepare documentation necessary to create the Credit or Debit Memo.
- Oversee and assist with the clean-up of unapplied receipts, short paid invoices and Charge Backs.
- Address ongoing customer complaints concerning billing or services rendered, work on complaints of service failures with designated departments.
- High School diploma (or G.E.D.) and a college degree is required.
- This position requires the incumbent to have at least 5 years of experience in collecting, accounts receivable or a related area.
- This position requires good written, oral and reading communication skills in order for the incumbent to accurately obtain, interpret and transcribe a variety of communications and instructions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office for Windows (Outlook, Word, and Excel) is required.
- This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to adjust and interact with all levels of personnel.
- Incumbent must be multitask oriented, organized, set priorities and meet deadlines and take pride in one’s work.
- Has supervisory responsibilities on special projects concerning Collections.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.