Credit Risk Analyst (ID:3843)
The client is a top rated national money lender, based in Ontario with a nationwide presence. Reporting directly to the VP of Credit Risk and working in very close collaboration with the CEO/Founder, this position will serve as a key member of the risk team. You’ll be responsible for executing the company’s expansion into the $2 Billion dollar (sub-prime) installment loan industry.
What you will achieve in this role:
Cutting edge analysis forms the foundation of this role and spans various aspects - acquisition strategies, customer targeting, lifecycle profitability, economic and risk capital requirements and returns, bureau and vendor data leveraging to create superior value in segmentation and many others.
- Routine review of Credit Risk policies and guidelines
- Analysis of Scorecard performance and monitoring change request process
- Provide analytics support across the credit risk lifecycle including tracking and managing portfolio risk performance and supporting loan loss allowance forecasting
- Assist with analysis of fraud/bankruptcy activities
- Assist with the testing and implementation of Credit Risk related projects
- Lead the implementation and testing of all models in the origination platform
- Identify innovative modeling techniques that leverage industry best practice and enhance portfolio profitability
- Research and review new alternative data sources with a view towards augmenting model performance
- Develop and implement strategies to assist with managing delinquency, charge-off, profitability, new products, credit limit setting, and account management for credit portfolios.
What you must bring:
- Must have Statistical Programming Experience (SAS, SQL, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience
- Exposure to analytic techniques such as regression analysis, segmentation techniques, decision trees, and others
- Exposure to hands-on experience in credit analytics and underwriting.
- Understanding of underwriting loans and loan approval process in a retail and/or online/mobile platforms
- Ability to assimilate complex business information in order to structure relationships in processes and data
Only those who are qualified will be contacted.