The Credit Analyst position reviews the creditworthiness of those customers applying for commercial and other credits as assigned by bank management. The position of Credit Analyst is responsible for gathering and analyzing credit information on current and potential borrowers; determines the advisability of granting credit for diversified types of loans; assists loan officers in writing loan requests; promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
- Assists loan officers in performing pre-qualification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests within framework of Bank credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
- Assists loan officers in gathering data from customers, internal and outside sources; prepares spreadsheets and analyzes financial information including financial statements and tax returns; contacts customers for additional information and clarification of data.
- Analyzes information and/or documentation from customers so that a proper underwriting of relationship can be done.
- Interpret/analyze financials to determine strengths and weaknesses of an account. Must be able to communicate such analysis in an oral and written basis.
- Must effectively communicate with the lender and/or customer’s accountant (both in writing and orally) with respect to questions regarding financials and customers operations.
- Prepare and update watch reports with assistance from lenders
- Effectively communicate results of analysis in a written loan presentation/review for Loan Committee.
- Co-present when requested with Loan officer presentation/review for loan committee or Sr. management
- Assign Risk Rating.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year institution or like experience plus additional lending experience. Preferably finance, accounting and/or economics.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in bank lending
- SageWorks experience preferred – not required