Closing Date : 03/05/2019
Magellan Aerospace, Greyabbey has an exciting opportunity for an Advanced Modern Apprenticeship.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 38 hours per week.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Through work experience, studying, coaching, training and development (both practical and vocational) complete a course of study and obtain work related professional qualifications ensuring they are able to carry out their role competently and effectively within a pre-determined time frame.
Magellan Aerospace, Greyabbey offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- To undertake a range of tasks suited to the current level of training & development
- To attend college and complete course work on time to a high standard
- To produce, maintain and be responsible for content, accuracy of all course work
- To take on additional responsibility in Years 3 & 4 of Apprenticeship
- To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- To comply with all Health & Safety policies and procedures
- To attend and fully participate in regular training and development reviews with line management, mentor, HR representatives.
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
- Good general education
- GCSE’s A-C in 6 subjects must include English, Maths & Science
- BTEC level 2 in Engineering or an A- level in Technology is desirable but not essential
- ICT desirable but not essential
- Previous working background desirable
- Experience of working as a team essential
- Awareness of confidentiality and data protection
- Ability to work to deadlines, both within the working environment and with college work
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes: Abilities:
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Willingness to learn
- Personal Attributes:
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.