Our client is expanding into Canada. They offer a comprehensive broadacre crop protection portfolio that has been successfully sold in the USA, China, Brazil, Europe, and Africa since 1994.
As the very first employee in Canada, you will begin as a “Player”. As you effectively roll out your plan to gain market share, build the business and add staff, you will become the “Player/Coach”. Eventually, once you exponentially expand company operations, you will become the “Coach”, managing your staff and the operations in Canada.
As the Country Manager – Canada, you will report to the Board of Directors and Global Management. You will have responsibility for co-developing and managing significant revenue and growth plans for distribution at retail accounts within Western Canada. This involves face-to-face contact and regular travel and follow up, to build relationships and negotiate contracts.
To be considered for Country Manager – Canada you will have the following credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in the agriculture sector.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience setting up and working with retail, dealer, and distributor networks to expand sales of agriculture products.
- Previous experience with broadacre crop protection products is required.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial and strategic thinking experience with a strong foundation in tactical selling and marketing for a complex sale.
- Track record of exceeding goals and targets and consistently ranking in the top 20% of your industry peer group.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience budgeting, managing and coaching sales, administration, and operations staff.
- Ability to travel 50% and live in Western Canada to cover Alberta, Saskatchewan & Manitoba.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills are required.
To summarize, the Country Manager – Canada, needs a broad understanding of the business model of distributor-channel customers and a sold grounding in the crops and farming techniques of Western Canada.
To apply for this unique role, click 'apply' and follow the self-serve application process.
If you’ve ever dreamed of starting and building your own team and business within the agriculture sector, without financial risk, don’t miss out on this great opportunity. APPLY NOW!
Or contact Randy Ritchie at 305.700.5151 to confidentially discuss the selection process and to establish your interest and intent to proceed.
NOTE: Candidates applying for this position must have the proper work authorization to work in Canada to be considered for this position. Canada visa sponsorship is NOT available for this role. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those located outside of Canada cannot be retained in our database.
Grasslands Recruitment Specialists - Connecting Canadian Agriculture since 1996!
Click here to apply online
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!