Magellan Aerospace, Haley has an exciting new opportunity for a Costing Analyst. The successful incumbent will ready and maintain financial and business analysis in support of the manufacturing environment while applying accounting principles, the organization’s costing principals, practices, systems and tools to evaluate the Company performance. The Costing Analyst is responsible for work that is analytical, evaluative, and advisory in nature which requires an understanding of both accounting theory and practice. The successful incumbent will provide professional support to the manufacturing leadership in gaining a greater understanding of their costs and performance and ensure all financial information is done on a timely basis. Please note this position is based out of Haley, Ontario
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Free parking
- Develop, install, and maintain data collection systems that provide accurate information to evaluate the Company performance.
- Manage and co-ordinate the annual overhead and labour rate development for the organization.
- Provide ongoing analysis specific to margin attainment and variances. Manage cross functional teams in identifying sources of variances and assisting to make adjustments to the costing system to better reflect reality or targets.
- Manage the system costing and reporting, supporting the facility and other users to obtain and understand the information provided.
- Utilize costs to support financial and operational planning and analysis activities to include capacity and labour planning.
- Lead in diverse analysis and project work supporting the organization and various levels including operations, costing, quoting and business development.
- Partner with estimating function to accurately understand and calculate the cost associated with new business opportunities.
- Manage and co-ordinate at least annually BOM/Routing updates as well as material cost to accurately reflect manufacturing operations and procurement activities.
- Prepare various inventory reports.
- Act as a point of contact for external/internal auditors; Oversee audit working papers, respond to enquiries, and co-ordinate with others in the company to respond to audit enquiries.
- College / University degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with emphasis in cost accounting.
- Experience with CODA/Cincom and or SAP
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple work activities to meet established deadlines and priorities.
- Expert experience in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel.
- Strong systems skills in ERP.
- Excellent communication skills
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!