Magellan Aerospace, Haley has an exciting new opportunity for a Costing Analyst. The successful incumbent will oversee a small team and utilize costs to support financial and operational planning and analysis activities. While reporting to the Director of Finance, the Costing Analyst will act as a key point of contact for external/internal auditors.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
- Oversee a small team, including responding to grievances, recruiting, hiring, managing performance and participating in the corrective action process
- Utilize costs to support financial and operational planning and analysis activities to include capacity and labour planning
- Provide professional support to the manufacturing leadership team in gaining a greater understanding of their costs and performance
- Act as a point of contact for external/internal auditors
- Prepare and present the analysis specific to margin attainment and variances to the leadership team on an ongoing basis
- 2 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment with an emphasis in cost accounting
- Strong Microsoft Office and ERP skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills which will enable you to communicate effectively throughout the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and organize multiple work activities to meet established deadlines and priorities
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!