This role will support the Business Development group through the evaluation and cost estimation bid development for all new Aerostructures Machined Component work packages. Additional activities will include the repeat cost estimation for existing products, support of customer change activities, evaluation of estimate performance post-contract, and supporting commercial requirements required for customer inputs.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan (401k)
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
• Employee Social & Charity Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• On-site gym
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• Free parking
• Evaluate technical drawings, models, and specifications to accurately compile cost estimates
• Evaluate and calculate the optimum manufacturing process and materials for all cost estimates produced
• Investigate, evaluate, and apply new technologies to the developed estimates to endure the best solution is met inline with the bid strategy
• Ensure all duties meet all required deadlines meet customer requirements (both internal and external)
• Recognize and identify business risks applicable to bids being developed
• Assist the Business Development team in addressing all engineering queries directly with the customer to expedite bid preparation
• Carry-out value engineering trade studies in support of preparing the most cost effective bid. This may include market testing components and/or working with machine tool companies to develop formal time studies.
• Support the business through assessment of should-cost assessment for buy parts.
• Mechanical Engineering Technologist, Mechanical Engineer, Industrial Engineer
• CET, P.Eng
• Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in Aerospace/Engineering
• Minimum 5 years across different functions including Commercial exposure
• Must have in-depth experience with multi-axis machining of structural aerospace components in Hard metals (Titanium, Stainless, and others) and Soft metals (Aluminum).
• CATIA/NX modelling platforms
• Experience with computer based estimating systems
• Ability to review blueprints, interrogate models, and interpret customer specifications
• Will accept 20 years of practical experience in a machining capacity (programmer/operator) in lieu of formal engineering education
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!