endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Cost Accountant oversees all of the activities regarding the design, use, improvement, reconciliation and maintenance of the cost accounting system. This role coordinates with various stakeholders cross-functionally to ensure that accurate and timely costing data is being collected, providing management with insight into the costs of delivering services to our clients.
- Oversee all of the cost accounting activities of the organization, allowing management to utilize cost data to make well-informed business decisions.
- Develop a complete understanding of the various services provided to clients, and how the delivery of those services is impacted by various financial and operational cost drivers.
- Design, maintain and improve the cost accounting system to interface across various software applications and consolidate all cost data from clinical and financial information systems.
- Work with accounting staff to collect, compile and report costing information as required to be submitted to various regulatory agencies.
- Provide support to finance staff in responding to various requests for budget data, and assistance in responding to third party requests for proposals (RFP’s) to provide differing services.
- Interface with senior management to report and articulate the true cost of providing services to clients for the various divisions and lines of service.
- Analyze costing data on agency dashboard and investigate variances for program directors.
- Assist with developing overall operating budgets for the Agency and integrating data into forecasting software.
- Provide various forms of financial analysis for senior management, including but not limited to financial forecasts, quantifying the financial impacts of seasonal changes, and insight into other financial metrics.
- Serve as backup in payroll department to cover occasional absences.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings, supervision and on-going training.
- All required trainings, certifications and licensure must be kept current in accordance with applicable licensing and accreditation regulations and standards.
- Respect the privacy of clients and hold in confidence all information obtained during the client’s treatment. All client-related documents should be handled in accordance with Agency guidelines on confidential material.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; preferred major in accounting and/or finance.
Licensure: Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant preferred.
Experience: 5 + years directly related experienceendevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Ability to critically solve problems and work in situations where only limited guidance exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Sensitivity in relating to persons of varying backgrounds and demonstrate ability to work with diverse groups of people possessing various strengths, aptitudes and abilities.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities with a high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills.
- Possess thorough knowledge of cost accounting concepts and have recent experience in a cost accounting role, with preference given to experience in a service or healthcare organization.
- Proficiency in using Agency computer systems and software as required to perform essential job functions.