Our client, a fast growing, privately-held manufacturing corporation has just created a new role for a COST ACCOUNTING MANAGER to join their corporate accounting team.
Reporting to VP of Finance, the Cost Accounting Manager will coordinates Cost Accounting Procedures for the organization. Works closely with Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering to optimize costs and inventory.
- Coordinates and manages the annual Overhead Rate Process, including coordination of process reviews with engineering and manufacturing to ensure accuracy and upkeep of proper bills and routings.
- Develops and documents key accounting procedures. Establishes documentation requirements for cost accounting, inventory management and cycle counting.
- Reconciles inventory accounts on a monthly basis.
- NPD support, quote analysis.
- Establishes and maintains a robust product line reporting package for the organization
- Establish and maintain a monthly mix analysis package. - Manage the inventory forecasting process.
- Provide necessary support to Opex and Manufacturing for daily, monthly and adhoc reporting.
- Provides financial support to optimize direct labor headcount to meet the fluctuation in sales on a quarterly basis.
Education and Work Experience:
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- Five to Seven years related experience as a Cost Accountant / Manager
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cost Accounting and experience in the manufacturing industry is highly desirable
- Strong ERP skills