Title: Cost Accounting Manager
Location: Lyndhurst, NJGeneral Summary:
SPARC Group LLC is an operating partner to global brands, providing retail and ecommerce management, sourcing, design and other operational and administrative support. It currently operates Aeropostale, Nautica and Lucky Brand in the United States and Puerto Rico. SPARC Group LLC is owned, through its parent company SPARC Group Holdings LLC, by Simon Property Group and Authentic Brands Group. With Aeropostale, Nautica and Lucky combined, SPARC Group operates retail locations, a strong wholesale business with thousands of points of sale in the U.S., and the ecommerce platforms for all brands. The Simon Property and ABG joint venture also own the Forever 21, Eddie Bauer and Brooks Brothers brands.
SPARC Group seeks a Cost Accounting Manager for their growing Accounting team.Position Responsibilities:
• Responsibility for accounting, tracking, and analysis of component level product costs for select brands in the SPARC Group portfolio.
• Work closely with Finance, Accounting, Logistics and Production teams to develop standard freight costs and adjust them on at least a seasonal basis.
• Calculate and explain purchase price variances (actual cost vs. standard cost) on a monthly basis.
• Perform account analysis and reconciliation of various General Ledger activity.
• Create and publish management level reporting of Air Freight expenses.
• Participation in various aspects of annual budget process.
• Direct oversight / management of cost accounting team members.
• Work on various special projects as directed by Finance and Accounting leadership.
• Perform analysis of various supply chain related costs.
• Assist in providing necessary data for year-end and bank audits. Requirements:
• 5 years of relevant work experience in Cost Accounting, General Accounting, or Financial Analysis. Experience in the apparel industry is a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel. Ability to manage, analyze and maneuver data from several sources.
• Extremely detail oriented, but ability to summarize activity for management level presentation.
• Self-Starter with strong communication skills (written and verbal) and able to work independently.
• Collaborate with cross functional partners, spanning multiple brands and departments within the organization.
• Experience with Net Suite, Lawson, and GARPAC a plus.#LI-KT1SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).Click here to apply online