please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Duties Include:
- Creating and updating financial models and budgets as required by evolving business conditions.
- Working with Operations to help ensure the accuracy of information related to costs and inventory.
- Creating budgets, forecasts and financial statements and reviewing them for accuracy.
- Identifying cost drivers and developing meaningful metrics used to make business decisions.
- Communicating with Operations and Accounting as to variances and the effects of business decisions.
- Developing IT and manual internal controls to ensure complete and accurate financial records.
- Coordinating and preparing pertinent information for Management Team, Board of Directors, and Auditors.
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to enhance overall efficiency.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field. CPA preferred.
- Prior experience with cost accounting and inventory related transactions.
- 3+ years of relevant and progressive experience in general accounting, preparation of financial statements, budgeting and forecasting in a manufacturing environment.
- Communication proficiency.
- Collaboration skills.
- Embrace change and flexibility.
- Experience with Great Plains Software a plus.
- Experience with start-up company.
- Steel mill experience.
- The ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- The ability to work at times, under limited supervision.