Our client located in Aiken, SC is seeking a Cost Accountant to join their team. The Cost Accountant is responsible to compile, maintain and analyze financial data to ensure accuracy of reporting while supporting daily business activities. This position will also have opportunities to interact with non-financial functions and facilities in our North America ROL Service operations.
- Work to facilitate internal control initiatives while complying with company policies
- Approach job duties with Lean concepts and Continuous Improvement mindset
- Business partner with local management team providing financial input that drives profitable results
- Identify and recommend cost effective solutions applicable to the Cost Accounting function using systems and procedures
- Work effectively in a shared services accounting environment (AP, AR, Cash)
- Important role in inventory accuracy related to cycle counts, adjustments, and root cause analysis - prepare and perform standard item cost updates.
- Assist in month end and year-end closing processes by following company requirements and deadlines
- Responsible for the analysis of all variances, gross margin, gross profit, and operating profit inputs
- Perform fixed asset functions
- Assist controller and auditors in yearly financial audit
- Prepare yearly financial budgets and update quarterly estimates versus plan – expense vs budget analysis reporting.
- Calculate projected capacity by location work-center for man and machine hours to determine labor, machine, and overhead rates
- Coordinate monthly reviews determining actual costs of manufacturing or providing a service
- BS Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years cost accounting experience
- Advanced Excel
- Large ERP experience
- Strong analytical skills
Click here to apply online