Immediate Need for a Cost Accountant in Charlotte, NC
The Cost Accountant will assist with various inventory accounting functions, internal financial reporting and financial analysis for the company. Candidate will need to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with accounting, production, operations and logistics departments.
- Must have 2-4 years of professional experience: public accounting and/or private industry.
- Interact directly with Operational and Business Leaders
- Must have strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to travel (the norm will be quarterly)
- Experience with financial accounting systems and SAP preferred.
- Understanding of inventory and/or cost accounting, forensic thought processes, general ledger and month end closing process.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and be deadline-oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Detailed responsibilities involve FICO inventory analysis including daily review of transactions in SAP, follow-up of significant associated variances and clearing of open transactions in SAP when appropriate. (FICO = finance, inventory, cost)
- Apply basic accounting skills in a warehouse environment.
- Manage warehouse inventory, perform analysis, discover variances, etc. - all with a forensic accounting thought process
- Provide updates to supervisor and director of any business issues or concerns involving the businesses for which the incumbent is responsible.
- Provide mid-month and monthly gross margin and COGS variance reporting to Finance NA and Operations management.
- Prepare accounting journal entries and monthly account reconciliations.
- Assist with preparation of audit support for quarterly reviews and annual internal and external audits.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable and staff to complete daily tasks.
- Coordinate closely with FP&A team in to provide updates to various Operations managers.
- Provide additional financial analysis and support for Accounting Director and senior Corporate Controller managers on as needed basis.
- Provide assistance with forecasts and budget details as needed.
Click here to apply onlineClick here to apply online