Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defense and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Provides detailed cost information not supplied by general accounting systems, applying principles of cost accounting. Gathers data to determine costs of business activity, such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor. Analyzes data and documents results.
- Collects data to determine costs of business activity, such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor.
- Analyzes data obtained and records results using excel spreadsheets.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Assist at month end with reconciling any costing issues
- Assist with reporting of activities associated with inventory (scrap, rework, additional costs)
- Processes weekly and bi-weekly payroll through payroll software systems.
- Provides required Company and employee information to HRIS, payroll, and other operating systems.
- Assists with audits, both internal and external
- Assists and participates with operations to drive accurate physical inventory and cycle counts
- Process routine and ad hoc requests, or any other requested assigned tasks
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting with one to two years experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with time and attendance, payroll, and HRIS systems.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; SAP, UKG, ADP and Exact MAX a plus.
- Understand and utilize ADP for payroll processing. SAP preferred.
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve potential problems. Ability to apply accounting workflow to the position.
- Use due professionalism. Implement and maintain the “6 S” (sort, simplify, sweep, standardize, and self-discipline). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- 401k Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports COVID-19 public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.