endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Summary Applies principles of cost accounting to conduct studies providing detailed cost information not supplied by general accounting systems by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties assigned as appropriate.
- Prepares and directs month end and yearend cost accounting closing activities.
- Plans, studies and collects data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor.
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine impact on costs.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares various reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Prepares plant budgets and forecasts..
- Determines cost estimates of new and proposed product or services.
- Recommends cost efficiencies in new product layouts.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting pricing and profitability of product or services.
- Maintains cost accounting system.
- Plans, directs and implements standard cost changes and roll ups.
- Plans audits of physical inventories.
- Reconciles cost accounts and balances including inventory and inventory reserves.
- Maintains capital requisition process including developing payback analysis
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have a Bachelor Degree (B.A.) in Accounting.
- Minimum of 4 solid years of Costing Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment.
- Experience working with Engineering and Manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards.
- Budgeting and forecasting for plant operations
- Experience with monitoring, preparing and analyzing Capital Authorization Requests.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word.
- Experience with an ERP system is required. SAP strongly preferred.
Ability to cut through details to summarize information, develop ideas and solve problems.
- Must be able to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is constantly required to sit.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles and heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.