An innovative fully-funded and venture capital-backed company in the Cannabis sector - is looking to hire a Cost Accountant to assess and oversee variable and fixed production costs and expenses from a strategic and operational perspective.
Reporting into the CFO, the Cost Accountant will meticulously review and track all expenses within the supply chain creating profitability analyses and assisting in budget preparation and general accounting tasks.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Put in place cost-effective pricing strategies based on costing models.
- Use financial expertise to determine costs associated with manufacturing, labor, shipping, production and administration.
- Initiate and assist with month-end/year-end closing and reporting processes.
- Perform margin analysis.
- Provide support to financial staff with general accounting responsibilities such as: bookkeeping, general ledger balancing, preparation of financial statements
What you must bring to this role:
Only those who are qualified will be contacted
- 4+ years of experience in similar role (Cost Accountant/Analyst)
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Working towards completion of CPA designation
- Solid understanding of cost accounting and general accounting principles
- Experience in budgeting and setting up cost-control programs/models
- Advanced Excel, analytical, and problem-solving skills