This is a very exciting and challenging opportunity for an executive that is passionate about strategic business transformation, focused on pivoting the company towards more value added solutions by establishing the strategy, organizational governance and creating a new product within International Food Division. We are looking for a transformational leader that will work closely with the company’s various managers, its manufacturing partners along with its current and prospective customers to pivot the company from a distributor of ingredient based products to higher value add solutions. The right candidate will be someone who is a strategic thinker able to develop and implement transformational strategies, fact based with the ability to capitalize on industry trends and creative, bold and daring as they work with R&D to create an appealing and profitable product line.
The International Division is selling mostly into food service canned or frozen ingredients (e.g. frozen shrimp, frozen fruits, canned fruit/veggies). The company has extensive network of manufacturers in South America and Asia.
Reporting to the SVP of the Division, the candidate will work collaboratively with the head of the division and his direct reports, as well as be responsible for the creation and management of the R&D Department. The position is located near New York City.
- Establish and implement the transformational business strategy and related financial, operational plans and initiatives
- Responsible for presenting and getting buy in for the transformational business strategy and execution delivery to the SVP, CEO and the Board of Directors
- Lead execution of approved strategies, with support from the head of the division, to drive transformation of the division’s performance; including new product development, M&A / JV, as well as commercial and operational execution.
- Work with off shore partners in Asia and South America to ensure innovation, product development and supply of quality product aligned with identified customer needs
- Increase revenues and manage costs to ensure the high level of profitability
- Manage customer relationships to ensure the company continually caters to their emerging needs
- Prepare annual division budgets and monitor performance against the approved budgets
- Sales and distribution experience, with import and contract manufacturing a plus
- Business transformation from strategy development to execution by working collaboratively across functions
- Must possess multi-level ability to communicate and present with clarity, poise and authority using spoken or written communication to a variety of audiences in various settings.
- Ten plus years of proven selling and management experience within the foodservice industry that focused on building new business and expanding existing customer relationships, trade spending and profits
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in business or related field is preferred
- Ability to travel as needed
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with annual bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.