Corporate Tax Accountant
Our industry leading client, has an immediate need for a Corporate Tax Accountant.
• Prepare federal, international, state and local, and non-profit income tax returns
• Ensure that the company complies with periodic tax payments, information reporting, and other taxing authority requirements.
• Provide input regarding effects of business activities on taxes, and on strategies for minimizing tax liabilities
• Compile and analyze data to create work papers to support tax filings. Proactively and effectively work with others within the company to gather information. Analyze and
understand the information provided. Timely follow up on outstanding items and questions.
• Prepare federal, state, international (5471,8858), and non-profit income tax returns and related work papers including: estimated tax payments, extension calculations, separate
company returns, consolidated returns, required compliance disclosures, and amended returns.
• Prepare and analyze financial tax accounts. Certify balances are correct as required for internal controls documentation.
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment focused on improved use of technology. Design and update processes and procedures to streamline tax compliance.
• Monitor tax law developments and their potential impact on the Company.
• Preform research for return preparation and strategic planning. Compile and analyze data for making recommendations based on findings. Collaborate with others in the department
• Maintain tax compliance calendar to ensure all deadlines are met
• Provide support to tax department team members including temporary employees and consultants.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, required. CPA a plus.
• Understanding of Book-to-Tax Differences (M-1’s), State Tax Adjustments, Income Tax Returns and Financial Accounting
• 3 – 5 Years of Tax Compliance Experience.
• Proficient with OneSource Income Tax Software (or other comparable tax preparation software).
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
• Ability to work on assigned projects with minimal supervision. Includes knowing when to ask questions, how to keep projects moving forward and how to bring projects to completion.
• Maintain a positive attitude and work well with others and under tight deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization.
o Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals.
o Must effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers
Qualified candidates, please send your resume to William Franks, Senior Recruiting Manager at firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here to apply online