Corporate Legal Assistant
Corporate Legal Assistant - Alpharetta
The Corporate Legal Assistant will assist Corporate practice area attorneys and legal assistants with a variety of assignments and projects throughout a corporate deal/transaction.
- Provides Corporate practice area support, including handling of routine corporate matters such as formations, organization of documents and agreements.
- Proofreads and assists with SEC filings, proofread other agreements for sense, grammar, consistency, cross-references, definitions, formatting, facts and typos.
- Maintains closing files, assists with transaction closings and compiles closing sets.
- Creates and maintains/manages data rooms.
- Organizes and manages electronic and paper files.
- Ensures that all files are maintained within Department-approved protocols and case management systems.
- Maintains integrity of client files.
- Conducts due diligence non-legal research using various research tools.
- Assists other legal assistants and attorneys across practice areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Ability to navigate various electronic databases and document repositories.
- Strong research skills and proficiency in using various research tools, including the Internet, Westlaw, LexisNexis and SEC/EDGAR.
- Excellent analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a legal assistant/paralegal position requiring similar skillset, expertise and experience