Corporate Legal Assistant - Plano, Texas
The Corporate Legal Assistant will assist Corporate practice area attorneys and legal assistants with a variety of assignments and projects throughout a corporate deal/transaction.
- Provides Corporate practice area support, including handling of routine corporate matters such as formations, organization of documents and agreements.
- Proofreads and assists with SEC filings, proofread other agreements for sense, grammar, consistency, cross-references, definitions, formatting, facts and typos.
- Maintains closing files, assists with transaction closings and compiles closing sets.
- Creates and maintains/manages data rooms.
- Organizes and manages electronic and paper files.
- Ensures that all files are maintained within Department-approved protocols and case management systems.
- Maintains integrity of client files.
- Conducts due diligence non-legal research using various research tools.
- Assists other legal assistants and attorneys across practice areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.