Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Limited has an exciting new opportunity for a Corporate Internal Auditor. The successful incumbent will provide assistance on audit planning and execute financial and compliance audits. They will do so by acting in accordance with accepted professional standards in order to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and adherence to applicable laws and regulations. Please note, one of the key requirements for this position is being able to travel 20 to 40% internationally.
- Develop audit plans and programs (i.e. procedures, methodology, checklists and questionnaires)
- Adjust to plans and programs as appropriate to reflect areas of concern raised by stakeholders
- Assist in the development, implementation and use of auditing tools and/or database (e.g. IDEA, advanced excel skills)
- Provide analysis and make recommendations for improvement in audit procedures
- Assist with implementing improvements in audit procedures
- Perform detailed audit procedures/tests, including conducting interviews, observing operations, conducting analytical procedures, reviewing transactions, documents, records, reports, and policies and procedures
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls in business processes and other related areas
- Complete documentation in working papers which record and summarize further audit procedures performed (if required)
- Develop, in cooperation with management, recommendations to solve issues identified during the course of the audit (e.g. corrective or improvement action) that are realistic, creative, workable and meet client business objectives
- Prepare written audit reports
- Follow up to determine adequacy of corrective actions
- Provide assistance to external auditors as requested
- Assist in special projects as may be assigned
- Assist in the development of presentations pertaining to audit and risk-related issues
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience
- External or internal audit experience is an asset
- Experience using IDEA or other equivalent data analytics software is a must
- Must be able to travel 20 to 40% internationally when required due to Magellan’s global presence
- Working towards or interested in obtaining related professional designation.
- Knowledge of accounting/finance principles and computer systems
- Understanding of audit-related practices, principles, processes, procedures and techniques
- Working knowledge of risk and control principles
- Experience in data mining required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with diverse people while remaining impartial and objective
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent team player while also being able to work independently
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)