Reporting to the VP Customs & Trade Compliance for one of the world's leading providers of integrated logistics services. Our client offers air, ocean and road freight forwarding, warehousing, distribution, and specialized services in project logistics, fairs and events, and chemicals.
The Corporate Head of Customs Services Commercial Operations will execute on the customs product strategy for sales growth, profitability, productivity, customer service and compliance and will be responsible for operational execution of the customs service product strategy through implementation of and adherence to SOPs within branch operations. Will exercise responsible supervision and control over the branch customs business according to 19 CFR. Will support sales and business development to drive sales growth and revenue and will present and deliver the product’s value proposition to prospective and current customers. Additionally, will participate in pricing strategies and solutions and effectively communicate and execute on customs services vision, mission, strategy and overall direction. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Freight forwarding and/or Customs Brokerage industry sales experience (10 yrs)
- Direct sales staff development and management (5 years)
- Expert knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements for transportation and customs brokerage services
- Interaction with government agency regulating authorities and industry trade associations.
- Excellent sales presentation & customer service skills
- Licensed Customs Broker
- Measure and manage product success through KPI’s & compliance metrics.
- Financial acumen
- Technology: expert knowledge and detailed understanding of software applications including data, visibility and reporting tools
- Computer literate: Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Residence: USA
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Customs brokerage (CHB) training program development
- Key account support & implementation
- Advanced Degree –MBA
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to exercise authority through indirect and matrix organizational structure
- Ability to define, lead and implement effective change management.
- Continuous process improvement mindset
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Director: Linda Marmash
Freight Forwarding TransportationLmarmash@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.129Click here to apply online