Corporate Director of Risk and SafetyAustin, Texas
Our client is looking for an experienced Director of Risk and Safety Management to formulate, develop and coordinate the risk management policies, practices, and procedures of a national non-profit organization. Key traits for the individual in this position are:
Risk Management Experience
- Exceptional Communication and leadership experience
- Strategic and creative
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to drive performance from all areas of their expertise.
Workers Compensation Experience
- Responsible for the leadership, governance and management necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate and monitor the organization’s operational and strategic risk exposure with relation to shelter facilities and supporting youth and staff.
- Ensures the organization’s risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable regulations, rating agency standards and strategic organizational initiatives.
- Manages and continues the development of the risk and safety programs, in relation to shelter facilities and youth care support, established to reduce accidents, occupational illnesses, and exposure to organizational risks.
- Monitors and analyzes risk and safety concerns within the organization’s business units and provides reports to the executive leadership.
- Creates and facilitates risk and safety trainings and train-the-trainer programs.
- Conducts ongoing analysis related to the organization’s losses and develops and provides reports or presentations documenting the losses and providing corrective action recommendations.
- Directly supervises the staff of the risk department.
OSHA Compliance and Safety Experience
- Oversees the workers’ compensation program.
- Focuses on operational effectiveness in support of claims management strategies.
- Investigates accidents and work-related injuries to determine causes and circumstances and processes necessary to process claims.
- Implements policies and processes to ensure organizational compliance with OSHA 1910, general Industry standards and other applicable health and safety regulations.
- Communication and reporting to regulatory bodies (OSHA complaints, Health Department, ORR).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university plus four (4) years of full-time professional experience in business management, human resources services, safety or risk management.
- Two (2) years of the required experience must have been in professional management, oversight and/or coordination of, risk management functions.
- Risk management certifications.
- Previous experience with a combination of facilities and human services is required.
- Experience operating in an fast-paced and dynamic and environment.
- On-call and irregular hours as emergency arises will be required.
- Exceptionally organized, efficient, and articulate.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Critical thinking and technical writing capabilities.
- Agile and nimble to changing dynamics and priorities.
For more information, please contact Laura at Laura@apnusa.com or call 602-788-5890 ext. 121. To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!
- Previous experience developing and providing training.