Our client, one of the largest petroleum refiners in the United States is currently looking to fill the role of Corporate Counsel. The position may be located at one of the company’s office locations in Parsippany or Paulsboro, New Jersey or The Woodlands, Texas.
Why work here?
- Opportunity to work for one of the largest independent petroleum refiners in the United States
- One Fortune Magazine’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies
- Company has shown growth not just in inherent growth of the business but also through acquisitions and new business development, particularly in the renewable energy arena
- Company has seen very strong financial results
- Commitment to ESG performance, including, environmental matters, renewable fuels, workplace safety, and corporate governance
- Opportunity to work closely with commercial and management teams and across multiple disciplines
- Three potential office locations
What you’ll do:
- Draft, review and negotiate contract documents for petroleum product transportation, storage and terminal services
- Work alongside commercial teams in negotiating, drafting and reviewing transaction documents for pipeline connections, joint ventures and other transactions
- Support the company’s logistics (marine, pipeline, rail, trucking) procurement group with contract matters
- Manage regulatory compliance and corporate governance matters
- Provide legal guidance on real estate issues including right-of-way, leases and franchise matters
What you will need:
- JD from accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in the relevant jurisdiction or ability to register as Authorized In-house in Texas or New Jersey, as applicable
- 10 Years’ experience in law firm and/or corporate legal environment with an emphasis in logistics, midstream petroleum product work in the energy industry
- Commercial transaction experience in energy-related work
- Strong document and contract skills
- Great communication skills with ability to work with multi-disciplinary commercial teams
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please schedule a time to call using the link below.