Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
We are looking for a CI Process Engineering Manager to support corporate stewardship and operational excellence programs, and lead improvement initiatives through various corporate councils, including Quality, Continuous Improvement, EHS, and the Magellan Operating System. Activities additionally include leading the Magellan Lean Six Sigma program, Zero Defect Program, and facilitating continuous improvement workshops across the Magellan divisions
- Analyze metrics to effect performance improvement in the areas of Quality, and Manufacturing and transactional processes and makes recommendations
- Lead in the development and implementation of policies, procedures & methods to comply with customer specifications, regulatory body regiments and applicable international standards and provides training
- Lead in the implementation and maintenance of the Magellan lean six sigma program to effect improvement in Magellan’s performance
- Lead the Magellan Quality Zero Defect program and CI incentives awards program
- Lead continuous improvement events across the corporation.
- Supports the Magellan Operating System
- Provides assistance to various corporate councils
- Provides assistance in the flow down of requirements of the corporation to the divisions
- University degree, Engineering preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years related experience
- Knowledge/skills in Lean and Six Sigma methodology
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Required
- Knowledge/skills in project management
- Knowledge/skills in Quality Management Systems or Environmental Management Systems
- Leadership/Coaching skills
- Knowledge/skills in Policy writing
- Excellent written/oral communication skills, sense of urgency & interpersonal skills
- Knowledge using various MS Office applications
- Maintain confidential company information pertaining to but not limited to, organizational plans, programs, design, development, costs
- Previous experience in the aerospace industry will be considered an asset
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)