Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
We are looking for a CI Process Engineering Manager to support corporate stewardship and operational excellence programs, and lead improvement initiatives through various corporate councils, including Quality, Continuous Improvement, EHS, and the Magellan Operating System. Activities additionally include leading the Magellan Lean Six Sigma program, Zero Defect Program, and facilitating continuous improvement workshops across the Magellan divisions
- Analyze metrics to effect performance improvement in the areas of Quality, and Manufacturing and transactional processes and makes recommendations
- Lead in the development and implementation of policies, procedures & methods to comply with customer specifications, regulatory body regiments and applicable international standards and provides training
- Lead in the implementation and maintenance of the Magellan lean six sigma program to effect improvement in Magellan’s performance
- Lead the Magellan Quality Zero Defect program and CI incentives awards program
- Lead continuous improvement events across the corporation.
- Supports the Magellan Operating System
- Provides assistance to various corporate councils
- Provides assistance in the flow down of requirements of the corporation to the divisions
- University degree, Engineering preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years related experience
- Knowledge/skills in Lean and Six Sigma methodology
- Knowledge/skills in project management
- Knowledge/skills in Quality Management Systems or Environmental Management Systems
- Leadership/Coaching skills
- Knowledge/skills in Policy writing
- Excellent written/oral communication skills, sense of urgency & interpersonal skills
- Knowledge using various MS Office applications
- Maintain confidential company information pertaining to but not limited to, organizational plans, programs, design, development, costs
- Previous experience in the aerospace industry will be considered an asset
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Each employee and visitor who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Masks are mandatory in all of our shared public areas of the workplace and employees are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state/provincial, or local law.