Corporate Accounting Manager - Duluth, GA
The Accounting Manager is the primary owner of our financial records and will be responsible for leading the Company’s month-end close process and reporting, ensuring compliance with GAAP requirements.
Our client, a publicly held company located in Duluth, GA has an immediate need for an Accounting Manager. This is a permanent opportunity with a excellent benefits.
Who: Publicly held company
What: Corporate Accounting Manager
When: Immediate Need
Where: Duluth, Ga
Why: TopGrading the role
Salary: Base Up to $100k - plus bonus 5-7% and historically has paid out 200% and excellent benefits and generous PTO program
Job Description Details:
- Provide leadership to the team of Senior and Staff Accountants, including: delegation of assignments, oversight of individual performance, support career development, and team succession planning.
- Leading the month-end closing process to ensure timely and accurate accounting.
- Ensure journal entries and supporting documents are completed timely and accurately.
- Complete review to ensure that financial statements are correct and GAAP compliant.
- Responsible for proper completion and support for all monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring timely resolution of financial and operational issues, inclusive of the needed follow ups with cross functional department leads within the brand and inter-company support/shared services entities.
- Take a proactive role in company systems, including execution of testing plans for new systems/upgrades, process improvement for legacy systems, and initiation of corrective actions as needed.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting policies for the company.
- Ensuring accounting controls are adequate and functioning properly by recommending, implementing and monitoring policies and procedures.
- Work with IT on key enterprise implementation, enhancements and reporting initiatives.
- Participating in various special projects as determined in order to better understand the business operations from a broader corporate scope. Contribute to determining the return on investment of capital expenditures or major projects.
- Support the VP & Corporate Controller in ensuring that business partnership contracts are sound and subsequently executed in according with the mutually agreed terms.
- Maintain a repository of critical business documents, including financial process documentation, tax records, insurance records, etc.
- Performing other duties and projects as assigned.
- 7 to 10 years of strong experience with month end close, external audits, budgets, forecasts and analysis.
- Intermediate MS Excel experience is required.
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley is required.
- Prior project or process leadership required, prior direct supervisory experience required.
Click here to apply online
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance.
- MBA (or comparable graduate degree) or CPA strongly preferred.