Corporate Accounting Manager - Manufacturing
- Review and analyze business unit level general ledger account activity – monthly, quarterly, and annually of plants and quarries.
- Coordinate with regional controllers, plant managers, other departments and general managers for variance analysis.
- Calculate and post journal entries to the general ledger.
- Research, review and implement new accounting standards which impact the Company as they arise.
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts monthly – P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Review of staff reconciliations, the general ledger and financial statements.
- Review of select accounts for internal and external reporting purposes and external financial and bank audits.
- Supervise, coach, and review assigned schedules and reports for 4 general accountants, ensuring accuracy and reliability.
- Create and generate reports and queries utilizing EXCEL, Showcase and Power BI.
- Create and download Showcase reports from JD Edwards to analyze activity and balances.
- Maintain audit trail regarding journal entries, analytical reviews, and assigned general ledger accounts.
- Contribute to continual process improvement identification and procedures.
- Assist the CFO, VP and Controller, and Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting with monthly journal entries, financial reports, annual audit schedules, monthly reporting requirements, and other projects as deemed necessary throughout the year, such as acquisitions.
- Ad hoc projects, analyses, reports, external audits, and oversee future projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Thorough understanding of current accounting principles (GAAP), including ASC 606 and 842.
- Minimum of 4 yrs in a CPA firm, with 2 years as a supervising senior role with experience issuing financial statements.
- Minimum of 2 yrs experience in private industry accounting management role, supervising staff level accountants.
- Advanced knowledge and use of office productivity tools (MS Office - EXCEL and Power BI).
- Ability to work independently, supervise and coach direct report accountants, and meet deadlines.
Click here to apply online
- Microsoft Office Suite Products-EXCEL, Word, and Power BI
- JD Edwards World
- Showcase – (report writing tool similar to Crystal Reports)
- ReconArt – (Reconciliation software)