Our Client based in Stellenbosch is looking for a Chartered Accountant with about 3 year experience in a corporate environment
- BAcc (Hons) or BCompt (Hons) or BCom (Hons) (Accounting Sciences) or CTA
- Qualification Professional Board registration as a Chartered Accountant (SA)
- Three years post-article experience will be an advantage
- Knowledge/experience with Caseware, BPC, Disclosure Management and SAP
- Solid understanding of IFRS Knowledge of South Africa tax legislation
- Understanding of financial controls
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work and liaise within a group
- Computer literate with good excel skills
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Assist in financial month-end, financial half-year and year-end closing procedures
- Ensure punctual and correct submission of various tax returns, VAT returns, as well as the payment of all outstanding taxes
- Preparation and updating of various subsidiary financial statements in accordance with
- Ensure that internal tax and IFRS queries and advice are addressed successfully
- Preparation of budgets and rolling forecast reports
- Responsible for dealing with queries from tax authorities
- Manage projects and initiatives to improve and mitigate reporting/controls affecting the financial department
- Assist in the financial year-end statutory audit process
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 201565 subject heading or email body.
Please note that due to the high volume of CV's received; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Should you not receive communication from our offices within two weeks of submission please note that your application will not be considered for this position.
We will keep your CV on file and re-establish contact with you should opportunities in line with your expertise become available again.