To maintain and operate the 30 core printer to production schedule.
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages.
• Receive work assignments from supervisor
• Performing end of print steps (empty re-coater, print head cap, wiper basin drained, removing job box from print area)
• Cleaning print area (axis, print head, mixer bowl, re-coater blade)
• Maintaining sand levels (new sand, reclaimed)
• Operating fork lift to obtain new sand, empty sand hoppers, sieve sand
• Operating and maintaining the vacuum system
• Prepare core carts for excavating
• Excavating sand, molds, cores from job box and waste area
• Efficiently and cautiously Inspect cores
• Performs preliminary cleaning of cores as required
• Add and dispose of chemicals
• Operating hoist (spreader bar, lifting straps)
• Transports job related materials by use of hand cart or by fork lift truck 12 Transports cores, mold to designated areas
• Prepares test sand samples
• Calibrates and records data for SPC charts
• Performs minor maintenance to keep equipment clean and in good operational order
• Places thumb drive in computer with loaded box file
• Begin start up steps to print
• Maintains clean working area
• Observes plant safety rules and regulations to ensure a safe working environment
• Completed high school education or equivalent experience/training.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. As an ITAR regulated facility all candidates must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency card.