This role requires a General Laborer that will be trained to be a Core Finisher. As a Core Finisher, makes sand cores used in molds to form holes or hollows in metal castings by performing duties assigned and following techniques in place. Removes corefins from cores by performing duties assigned, Pepset, S02 & Shellcore. Must wear steel toes shoes other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions: The employee is exposed to hot and/or dusty conditions. There are fumes, dust and/or airborne particles from the burning of sand binders and other combustibles when molten aluminum and magnesium contact the molds.
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Operates forklift and electric lift to dump the pepset sand and the S02 sand.
• Works on the U-189 making the test bars, approximately 60 lbs.
• Changes the chemicals for the S02 barrels of binder.
• Changes the gas for the U-180 when it comes is empty and have to replace for a full one.
• Change the barrel for S02 of sircon.
• Take Cilica sand F Series to S02 4-bags every time (approximate weight 100 lb) and 4 bags of cerabead for S02 (approximate weight 50 lbs).
• Take mold boxes on the schedule from Pattern storage to the Coreroom and take back the mold boxes that are not on the schedule from core room to pattern storage.
• Occasionally assist on the S02 line or pepset line
• Ability to complete work assignment within the time allotted
• Must be motivated, energetic and pay attention to details.
• Able to free lift up to 50 lbs., standing, walking, bending and stooping most of the day.
• Able to work independently and in a team environment
• Must have good attendance.
• Must be able to work overtime when required.
• Must be able to work in a variety of different work environment both indoor and outdoor.
• Repetitive motion
• Frequent walking back and forth
• Position requires continuous walking standing on concrete surface
• Repetitive hand, wrist movements 8-10 hours daily.
• Frequent bending and stooping
• Frequent lifting, occasionally drives
• Continuously using hand motion/fine manipulation
• Demonstrated strong work ethic
• Detail orientated and able to multi-task
• Must be able to free lift up to 25 pounds, must have good attendance record., basic math skills, must be able to work overtime when required ability to read, write and speak English.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.