Bull City Talent Group's direct client has an immediate need for a Core & Cloud Routing Engineer. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience as a Lead Engineer in an enterprise-scale network, be well versed in Cisco technologies/products, and be an excellent communicator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review existing Core routing protocols and develop improvements to simplify routing environment for primary platforms
- Improve failover capabilities to DR infrastructure through a combination of additional routed paths, VPNs, etc.
- Review existing SOPs and develop new processes to improve response time to incidents requiring traffic failover to secondary locations
- Take lead in partnering with other infrastructure and application teams in reviewing connectivity and network requirements to relocate systems to Cloud-hosted environments.
- Improve company posture for connectivity to Cloud (IaaS, PaaS) platforms, to ensure continuity in case of failure of primary paths.
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS-XE, ASRs, ISRs, BGP, OSPF, IPSec VPNs, NAT/PAT required
- Desired knowledge of Cisco ACI, Cisco/Meraki, Palo Alto Firewalls, VoIP, SIP Trunking services.
- 5+ Years as a lead engineer/architect/SME in a large, enterprise-scale network utilizing multiple routing protocols, prefix-lists, NATs/PATs, etc.
- Experience with subnetting and managing IP Address scheme in extremely large/complex environments is desired.
- Review operational stance and SOPs for supporting operational teams. Improve documentation and train team as needed to improve responsiveness to incidents.