Provide coordination and execution of accounts receivable activities for the Customer Service Group. Primary purpose is to provide timely and accurate information and analysis to ensure Customer Service financial performance objectives including A/R days are achieved. Provide additional support of various collection activities under direction of the Customer Service Collection Manager and Supervisor.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Collect past due invoice amounts for designated Customer Service departments
- Follow up in a timely manner with each past due account
- Resolve sensitive customer collection activities with management
- Assist with portal invoicing and advanced shipping notices as required
- Assist management with analysis of data for collection activities
- Special Projects as required.
- Positive interaction w/customers to best meet practical and emotional needs.
- Ability to follow call structure
- High degree of customer sensitivity
- Effective at receiving/giving critical information
- Courteous and professional phone demeanor
- Responsive to call-back requirements
- Strong understanding of accounts receivable collections principles
- Good negotiation skills
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Courteous, helpful and professional demeanor
- Prior knowledge of Oracle would be beneficial
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities and job assignments simultaneously while adjusting priorities as required
- Excellent telephone and caller management skills
- Manages many tasks simultaneously and is well organized
- Handle potentially frustrating situations with customers positively
- Efficient at using computerized business systems, including Oracle, MS Office, etc.
- Works effectively and cooperates with other employees
- Associate Degree in a business or related field, Bachelor degree preferred or 3-5 years equivalent relevant work experience.
- 3-5 years of accounts receivable collections experience
- Manufacturing/Automotive industry experience helpful