PURPOSE: The Converting Supervisor will lead and direct a shift production team to meet production goals, while participating in continuous improvement activities that will help drive operating costs down and teach and foster a work safe environment at this tissue converting operation in the Southeast.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures compliance with OSHA, company safety rules and regulations
- Reads, communicates and follows all Work Instructions, Product Standards, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Orders to perform assigned tasks.
- Responsible for holding employees accountable for their work performance and conduct while on shift and on company premises.
- Responsible for ensuring production machine adjustments and equipment repairs are performed to meet product quality standards.
- Responsible for ensuring that all shift reports are accurate and reported in real time.
- As part of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance), responsible for verifying production machines are in proper working condition; Gain knowledge of basic machine maintenance techniques.
- Understand and uses CTQ (Critical to Quality) methods with a strong sense of accountability and high standards.
- Assists Rewind Operators/Rewind Assistants in paper grade changes/product changeovers and machine adjustments when needed.
- At least one (1) year of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience in industrial management is preferred.
- Previous converting experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse team in a busy environment that is fast paced and rapidly changing.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated, mechanical attitude.