PURPOSE: The Converting Shift Supervisor serves as the frontline supervision on the converting floor, for a specific crew/shift. Each supervisor is responsible for their shift’s production to quality objectives, in a safe manner, and at budgeted cost while focusing on continuous improvement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct daily supervision of converting personnel to ensure the safe, clean, and efficient operation of the converting department and adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Provides safety leadership, incorporates and maintains safety observations, including but not limited to, use of all PPE by employees, promotes good daily safety practices and habits. Personally follows all rules and policies
- Investigate, document and report near misses, fire incidents and property damage
- Responsible for overseeing the training of employees within a crew to increase competency, understanding and accountability for performance
- Actively pursue measures to reduce downtime on plant equipment, identify opportunities and take measures to reduce waste
- Ensure all production reporting is complete on time and accurately for each shift
- Communicates goals and objectives, applies company policy, administers corrective action when necessary, promotes positive employee relations and manages the performance of employees.
- All Supervisory personnel are responsible to ensure that their employees have the needed competencies to apply the operating procedures so that environmental controls are adequately implemented
- HS Diploma/GED required with a preference for a Associates Degree in Technical or Business related field
- Supervisory experience of 2-5 years preferably in a manufacturing environment with converting/packaging equipment
- Communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Multi task in a high-volume environment, anticipate production and drive improvement opportunities
- Ability to work as part of a team and with production management.
- Provide consultation, coaching, facilitation or teaching to employees.
- Ability to plan, organize, execute and works to specific goals and objectives
- Ability to change and adapt to new situations
- Promote change and growth. Establishes trust with employees through support, goal setting, action planning, and follow up
- Office procedures, methods, including computers, Microsoft Office and other applicable software and databases
- Understanding and experience with effective conflict resolution.