Converting Shift Supervisor
PURPOSE: The Converting Shift Supervisor is responsible for the safe and effective operation of the TAD converting lines at this tissue operation in the Northeast US. Position will report to the Department Manager and work on a rotating 12hr shift schedule with their crew. Great company, excellent opportunities for career development, strong compensation and relocation packages available as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a very high level of coordination, cooperation, and communication with their natural (shift) team and the various Operations managers.
- Have responsibility for safe and effective shift-to-shift management, focused on consistent operation of the Tissue Converting operations and managing operational activities.
- Be an advocate for the employee, providing coaching and mentoring both professionally and personally.
- Be an advocate for the company, representing its best interest in the operation of the facility and production processes.
- Provide guidance to strengthen the skill set of the overall team.
- Have accountability for Tissue Converting operations, maintenance, and employees on shift.
- Safety Advocate and Mentor - Strive for a goal of zero injuries, advocate all mill safety policies and procedures.
- Quality & Environmental - Ensure all finished product meet customer specs, identify and resolve quality issues in all departments
- Production Coordination - Manage area productivity level to ensure we meet or exceed budgeted production goals.
- Cost Control - Participate in and manage the continuous improvement efforts at the team level, while soliciting input from employees to identify improvement opportunities and participate in initiative teams.
- Involve employees in quality and cost control efforts, manage overtime and staffing to minimize labor costs.
- Proactively promote two-way communication by ensuring that employees are current on business issues, goals, objectives, etc., and communicate employee issues/needs outside the shift as appropriate.
- Proactively communicate issues to the Operations Team Manager, Production Manager and HR Manager as appropriate.
- Participate in the grievance procedure as appropriate.* Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. Paper Science & Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field AND 2+ years industry experience
- OR 5+ years of experience in Tissue Converting or related operation
- Have demonstrated team or work group leadership experience.
- Provide strong ability to facilitate the empowerment and development of highly engaged work teams.
- Must have excellent communication, facilitative and organizational skills and experience.
- Show strong interpersonal skills to support our team-based culture.
- Have process knowledge and experience in mill operations areas.
- Having previous leadership or shift supervisory responsibility, paper mill process experience, and/or shift work experience is a plus.