PURPOSE: Reporting to the Tissue Manufacturing and Converting Operations Manager, the Converting Production Manager will be responsible for supporting the converting operations to ensure the achievement of department objectives for safety, product quality, productivity, cost to manufacture and customer service. The role is responsible to supporting the operations manager to ensure systems are developed, maintained, and sustained to incrementally raise the bar on operational efficiencies and effectiveness, and operator capability to discover/strive for improvements in work tasks and asset performance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that employees are aware of expectations and are accountable for sustaining continuous improvement initiatives and plans.
- Ensure the physical assets are properly maintained and upgraded and that inventories of parts, materials and supplies are controlled to the lowest necessary level
- Develop and maintain a favorable employee relations climate within the converting operations team and with customers/other site teams/members
- Ensure effective application of internal controls and procedures by providing management direction and support
- Supporting and assisting management in determining and directing long range plans, objectives and activities
- B.S. Business or Engineering; equivalent experience acceptable in lieu of degree
- 5-15+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in tissue/paper converting and manufacturing required
- Commitment to the health and safety of all employees
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills that provide ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with multiple projects and priorities
- Experience with six sigma or lean management tools/principles or equivalent an Asset
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to use collaborative skills, work independently, and problem-solve.
- Product knowledge of private label or At Home tissue segments is a plus.
- Product knowledge of Retail and/or Away from home tissue segments are a plus