Responsible for the management, supervision and assisting with technical oversight of Converting Operations production facility; multi-shift operations. Converting Operations includes Reclose packaging production, Pouching operations, and Zipper application production and Shrink Sleeves.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities: (includes, but not limited to)
- Ensure achievement of Safety, Quality & productivity, and goals for department
- Oversee and direct daily activities of Department
- Ensure adequate and effective employee training
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Oversee department manning requirements including vacation planning and coverage
- Develop and maintain efficient workflow through the department
- Ensure adequate supply of materials for the department
- Maintain the accuracy and documentation of production reporting
- Must have a Continuous Improvement background driving results thru the employees in the dept.
- Ability to troubleshoot both machine and quality issues.
- Assist Sales and Technical Departments with customer technical and quality issues
- Perform applicable quality control testing
- Coordinate the production of trial/product development materials and specifications
- Responsible for overseeing and championing all food safety/SQF compliance for the facility; SOP’s, pre-operational checklists, audits, and recalls (mock or actual)
- Project management, including, selection, installation and startup of all major department equipment purchases
- Identify, recommend, and implement equipment, process, and procedural improvements
- Must comply with all general Company-wide standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and any job or department specific SOP’s.
- SOP’s may cover the areas of (but are not limited to)
- Employee Health and Safety
- SQF (Safe Quality Food packager) and GMP (good manufacturing procedures) focused on eliminating contaminates in all packaging manufactured.
- SGP (Sustainable Green Printer) environmental regulatory procedures and SOP’s
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: (if any)
- Overseeing and coordinating activities of shift personnel including Shift Supervisors
- Conduct employee evaluations
- Direct staff personal development
- Oversee disciplinary action, as required
- Ability to deal with issues and situations objectively and fairly based on Company policies and guidelines.
Click here to apply online
- 10 years related experience in a flexible packaging/converting operation and/or training may be substituted in lieu of a degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to define and solve problems dealing with many variables and limited standards
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills