PURPOSE: The Converting Asset Leader is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Converting Asset Lines to which they are assigned. Assets for each line may include: tissue re-winder, wrappers, case packers, and core machines at this tissue manufacturing and converting operation in the Southeast US.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the production of the required grades of finished product in accordance with quality specifications, at or better than budgeted volume levels and within budgeted per-case equivalent costs.
- Coordinate with maintenance to ensure the production equipment is maintained in good condition and preventive maintenance is supported to minimize reliability breakdowns.
- Lead and/or participate in root cause failure analysis efforts including the development and follow through of action plans to improve efficiencies.
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency on assigned assets, reduce costs and reduce downtime for such things as grade changes, cleanings, etc.
- Responsible for monitoring the paper quality and ensuring that all quality specifications are being met.
- Must identify, coordinate and/or lead training opportunities for employees assigned to assets. This may include mentoring operational and troubleshooting skills, vendor training, OJT, participation in the development of SOPs and standardizing best practices for operating the equipment.
- Manage and coordinate grade change activities for the assets they are assigned ownership.
- Responsible for conducting and/or working with the quality and technical teams on new product trials in an efficient and timely manner.
- Responsible for tracking and managing labor and expense dollars, production rates, machine efficiencies and waste, material usage, and maintenance performance on assigned assets using daily, weekly and monthly reports from Accounting.
- Identify short/ long term delay items
- Verify OpEx ownership & completion
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related technical field is preferred.
- Preference for 2-5 years experience working with converting and/or packaging equipment in a technical or operational capacity.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Multi-task in a high-volume environment, anticipate production and drive improvement opportunities.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with production management.
- Provide consultation, coaching, facilitation or teaching with employees.
- Ability to plan, organize, execute and work to specific goals and objectives.
- Ability to change and adapt to new situations.
- Promote change and growth. Establishes trust with employees through support, goal setting, action planning, and follow-up.
- Office procedures and methods, including computers, Microsoft Office and other applicable software and databases.
- Understanding and experience with effective conflict resolution.