Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Bohemia Long Island has an exciting opening for a Conventional Milling Operator. The successful incumbent will set up assigned jobs on conventional milling/lathe machines.
- Set up assigned jobs on conventional milling/lathe machines.
- Operate conventional milling/lathe machine competently.
- Competency operating applicable grinding equipment.
- Inspect own work for conformance to Routers, blueprints, and NC placards.
- Use basic mechanical inspection equipment.
- Must input time in clock for labor collection.
- Knowledge of basic shop math.
- Familiarity with the use of basic mechanical inspection equipment
- Familiarity with the setup & operation of conventional machining equipment
- Must be accountable for quality of one’s own work
- Certificate or diploma from a technical school would be a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)