This position is responsible for the maintaining of control systems for equipment and documentation revisions to ensure the existing environment operates meeting all business targets. This role will be a member of our Controls Engineering team supporting and ensuring efficient operations on automation, installation and launch, drives, new equipment installation and revising existing equipment to include all documents and schematics related to the equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain, update, and modify existing controls systems including robotic programs, ladder logic programs, relay logic, electrical distribution, motor controls, operator interface, pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, distribution and control.
- Conduct all work following all safety policies and safe work practices
- Maintain machine controls including robotic, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical and vision systems
- Conducts routine maintenance of all equipment
- Support engineering and maintenance on existing machine control modifications, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical and vision systems
- Keep current all hard copies and electronic data bases: all electrical, pneumatic schematics; panel layouts; PLC, operator display, operator interface, and robot programs; machine power distribution and all related vendor controls component part documentation
- Complete back-ups of all electronic machine control and robotic programs on set schedule
- Maintain data collection system from shop floor processing equipment
- Maintain existing plant floor machine control Ethernet gateways, links and connections
- Maintain all sub machine control data highways
- Maintain and update controls portion of machine standards
- Coordinate with and aid company systems personnel with plant floor Ethernet machine drop routing and Ethernet message traffic control
- Complete correspondence, forms and reports using computer and applicable software
- Handle confidential information on a regular basis
- Encourage 5S and housekeeping practices and lead by example
- Promote positive and effective communication and treat all co-workers with respect
- Proactively participate in Continual Improvement activities
- Adhere to customer requirements, Business Management System, and company policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Required - University degree in a technical field or 5 years direct work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Preferred - Programmable Logic Controllers experience
- Able to use a fork-lift, man lift, and / or scissor lift
- Exhibit a high level of flexibility and ability to multi-task at all times.
- Competent in reading and interpreting schematics and mechanical drawings.