- Provide controls engineering hardware and software design, debug, leadership and mentoring support to the organization, specifically Paint Process Systems (PPA). Successfully execute and manage multiple application projects as a Controls Project Engineer.
- Control Project Engineering consists of the development of systems and associated documentation for specific programs to ensure that the products and services provided meet all contractual and program quality requirements.
- Perform a variety of activities associated with one or more projects and assist project managers in various aspects of their assignments. Suggest and implement initiatives to ensure customer satisfaction and improve performance.
- Support installations of paint and sealer systems, control engineering, startup, debug and support involving Electromechanical systems, PLC’s and Robots.
- Review requirement and design control specifications, maintain customer specifications and logging of deviations, as the group's representative in meetings with customers and suppliers.
- Lead the hardware design and coordinate with contract engineers in software and hardware design, startup and system debug.
- Manage technical solutions to minimize costs while maintaining reliability, provide industry-specific application knowledge and direction.
- Develop tools and integration strategies to increase effectiveness and lower cost, investigate and suggest architecture and technology enhancements, assist in developing controls specifications for projects
- Review and coordinate the flow of information among various groups and customers, and implement measures to resolve problems, ensure meeting schedule commitments and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Tracking the parts with all vendors, ensure the delivery to meet the project schedule.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business or related field, plus 5 to 8 years of experience, or alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to achieve cooperation and reach an agreement with customers and suppliers.
- Strong experience with industrial control systems, specifically automotive paint and sealer applications.
- Strong competence in hardware design with functional experience with AutoCAD/ePLAN.
- Advanced training, knowledge, and awareness in automated Systems and robot applications, functional knowledge of robotics and/or automation.
- Ability to develop and design the controls software packages utilizing PLC's with Allen Bradley, Siemens and/or HMI's.
- Open to travel about 30% of the time.